We collect certain information you provide to us when using Expect Labs’ services, such as when you create an account and profile or post information or other content to our services. We collect certain personal information, like your name, picture, email address and phone number. We may also collect the contact information of your friends, if you choose to connect your contacts and address book information with Expect Labs and your login credentials to your social network accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, if you choose to connect those accounts with your use of Expect Labs’ services.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use Expect Labs’ services, such as your location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity while using our services. You can enable or disable location services when you use our services at anytime, through your mobile device settings. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned above.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies”. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
We use the information collected through our service for purposes including, but not limited to, the following: (a) to establish and manage your account, including to provide notifications to you regarding your account; (b) to provide you information or support you request; (c) to inform you about new services and solicit your adoption of these services; (d) to help us develop new services and features that meet your needs; (e) to allow you to add your location to your posts; and (f) to find and connect with your friends (when instructed by you).
We will not share the personal information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- with your friends with whom you want to share on our services, and according to the preferences set in your account;
- with certain social networking services, if you allow such sharing through our services;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services (these service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes);
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Third Party Web Sites
Expect Labs’ services may contain links to third party websites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of any third party websites. For this reason, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these websites before disclosing any personal information to or through them.
We utilize reasonable and appropriate protections and procedural safeguards to ensure that personal information in our care is not misused or accessed without authorization. Personal information is stored on our own platforms or on the platforms of our service providers, with access restricted to those employees or contractors who have a need for such access to perform a legitimate business function relating to the services or for maintenance, internal security or related issues.
Last revised September 3, 2012